This role supports human resources and payroll by assisting with projects, reporting and maintenance of systems as required. You will be working with sensitive information. This position requires a high level of confidentiality. Candidates for this role will be considered even without prior experience in an HR and/or Payroll department.
- Participate in recruiting and on-boarding aspects including: Facilitating reference and background checks, conducting e-verification of I-9 documents and review of new hire paperwork packets.
- Assist in adding new hires and maintain employee information in payroll and benefits platform.
- Assist HR Manager with various projects.
- Assist Payroll Manager with biweekly payroll and payroll processing preparations as needed.
- Manage employee time keeping.
- Maintain HR records such as vacation, sick and comp days.
- Assist all employees with benefits, payroll, and various HR issues.
- Perform administrative office functions including: data entry, filing, distributing pay checks, and managing bulletins.
*This role does not necessarily require prior experience working in HR or Payroll.*
- Experience with Humanity payroll system a plus, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word and Excel)
- Federal and NY State labor laws knowledge a plus, but not required
- True flexibility and open to learn new skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Engaged, energetic and passionate
- Ability to compile data for reports
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems
- Ability to organize, structure and prioritize work assignments properly
Please reply with your resume.